Three Current Projects
Olivia Brown (Collaborations w/ Electronic Artists & DJs) All tracks released under the name Olivia Brown are electronic based songs written in collaboration with artists and DJs from around the world. The name Olivia Brown comes from the combination of Sheryl's 1st guitar/muse named Olivia and the Brazilian musician/inspiration, Carlinhos Brown. In October of 2014 Sheryl successfully funded a Kickstarter Campaign to raise money for a new project of collaborations. The resulting album Olivia Brown: Electrify was released on June 16, 2015. The song “I Walk On High” from the album Electrify, was included in Slate (dot) com’s summer-strut playlist 2015. Sheryl writes dance tracks with producer Chris Young (Ashlee Simpson, George Clinton). Their track “Everything Will Be Alright” was nominated for a first round grammy award for Best Pop Performance for the 2013 - 55th Annual Grammy Awards.
’Olivia Brown's 'Love Saves The Day' possesses a thorax-pumping dance beat, memorable chorus and vocal style reminiscent of the great Chaka Khan; sure to excite dance fans all over the globe.’
L’Queer (Brooklyn Based Duo) L’Queer is the Brooklyn based electo-pop duo of Neil Bowman and Sheryl Cohen. The band's name comes from an often mis-pronounced street in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn that is spelled Luquer. L’Queer’s Debut album L’Queer Is Here was nominated for two grammy awards in the first round for the 2014 - 56th Annual Grammy Awards: Album of the Year and Best Pop Vocal Album. L’Queer Is Here was released on limited edition vinyl at a party in Brooklyn on April 20, 2013. L’Queer’s second album is written and will be recorded/released soon.
Singer/Songwriter/Guitarist (Solo Work) After touring the US and Brazil for many years as the co-leader and vocalist for the Brazilian Jazz group Brazz Jazz, Sheryl made a transition to songwriting and playing the guitar. The transition began in 2005 and since then Sheryl has released more than 11 full albums and singles of original music. The album 7 Songs, released in May 2014, was nominated for a 2015 - 57th Annual Grammy Award in the first round for Best Pop Vocal album. Four of Sheryl’s compositions were included on the album Nomad (2015) released by Brazilian guitarist/singer Rubens de La Corte. Sheryl sings on one of the four songs. Grammy winner Angelique Kidjo appears as a special guest singer on one of the four songs.
Albums & Singles Released As Songwriter, Singer, Producer
- Olivia Brown: Electrify (2015)
- Sheryl Cohen: 7 Songs (2014) Album
- Sheryl Cohen: Stay (2013) Single
- Sheryl Cohen: I’m Fine (2013) Single
- L'Queer: L’ Queer Is Here (2013) Album
- Sheryl Cohen: Singles (2012) Album
- Olivia Brown: Everything Will Be Alright (2012) Single
- Sheryl Cohen: I’m Amazing (2011) Album
- Sheryl Cohen: I Live In The Cracks (2010) Single
- Sheryl Cohen: Electric Eyes (2009) Album
- Sheryl Cohen: Album Not An Ordinary Girl (2005) Album
News & Noteworthy
- Berklee College of Music Graduate & Post Graduate Ear Training & Songwriting Courses Completed
- Toured extensively in US and Brazil as the co-leader and featured vocalist in Brazz Jazz
- 9 ASCAPLUS awards from ASCAP for contributions to American songwriting
- Selected twice (2015 & 2014) to participate in the ASCAP/Songwriter Beat Writing Seminar
- Numerous song placements on television including Access Hollywood (US and International) and MTV
- Voting member of The Recording Academy (The Grammy’s)
- Active collaborator on the Blend.io platform co-writing dance/pop music.
- Owner 1 Pink Daisy Publishing (ASCAP)
- Active participant in the Independent Music Community (Go Indies!) Staff at A2IM (The American Association of Independent Music